Robert “Bobby” Jones is a fatal truck accident lawyer proud to serve Greenville, SC. He helps families who have lost a loved one because of a semi-truck accident. Contact us for a personalized review and start your case today.
Talk to a Fatal Truck Accident Attorney
Our law firm helps people when they need us the most. We work with families who have lost loved ones unexpectedly, including because of fatal truck accidents. We understand your grief and sorrow.
Let us provide the professional representation that can assist you. When you need monetary compensation, answers, and accountability, Bobby Jones Law can represent you, taking care of everything needed for your case.
Talk to a fatal truck accident lawyer today by contacting our understanding and professional team.
Legal Representation for Families of Those Killed in a Truck Accident
- When a victim is killed in a truck accident, their family has important rights.
- If someone else is legally responsible for the death, and the victim would have had a viable legal claim if death had not occurred, the offender is still liable for damages.
- The right to benefit from the claim transfers to the family members of the victim.
- The spouse, husband, wife, child, children, parents, or other heirs may benefit from a claim.
- The executor or administrator brings the claim and qualifying family members benefit.
- Beneficiaries may claim the losses they suffer because of the loss of their family member.
You can have a lawyer represent you in a compensation claim following a truck accident fatality. Given the high case values and legal complexities usually involved in truck fatality claims, you almost certainly should have a lawyer represent you.
Lawyer Robert “Bobby” Jones helps families like yours, taking care of everything needed to pursue compensation following the loss of a family member in a trucking crash.
How a Lawyer Can Help Following a Truck Accident Fatality
Truck accident fatality claims are a type of personal injury claim. The basis of the claim is that someone lost their life, and it’s someone else’s fault legally. Fault may be based on a driving violation or other aspects of the trucking operation that contributed to the crash or increased its severity.
Some of the important ways our attorney, Bobby Jones, can assist you include the following:
- Proving legal fault and your right to compensation.
- Identifying appropriate damages for a claim for wrongful death.
- Determining how to apportion compensation among qualified beneficiaries.
- Navigating the case when family members disagree on how to approach it.
- Responding to attempts of the defense and insurance company to delay or minimize compensation.
- Identifying and addressing key legal issues that are important to your case.
- Answering all your questions and guiding you through the legal process.
There are three aspects to legal representation for a family following a truck accident fatality. First, we investigate and analyze the circumstances of the crash, then develop a legal strategy. Second, we pursue your case through filing your claim, speaking in court, and negotiating your compensation. Finally, we guide you, answering questions and explaining the legal process throughout.
South Carolina fatal truck accident statistics
- Collisions involving all types of trucks – pickup, tractors, and other types, resulted in 438 fatalities in South Carolina in 2021.
- There were 99 fatalities from collisions involving truck tractors in South Carolina in 2021. Truck tractors include semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, big rigs and tractor-trailers.
- Semi-truck fatalities increased by 15.1% in South Carolina in 2021 from the year before.
- In the last five years, truck tractor fatalities increased 52%, from 66 fatalities in 2017 to 99 fatalities in 2021.
- Collisions involving trucks with trailers accounted for more deaths than any other type of commercial motor vehicle in 2021 (57 persons killed total). Crashes involving other configurations of trucks also resulted in significant fatalities (36 fatalities – single unit truck with three or more axles, 34 fatalities – truck with semi-trailer).
- 93 people were killed in traffic collisions in Greenville County in 2021, including all types of crashes (trucks and other vehicles).
(SCDPA, 2021 Traffic Collision Fact Book).