Have you been hurt in a warehouse accident? Get help from a lawyer. Talk to us at Bobby Jones Law today to learn about your rights and the compensation you may receive.
Robert “Bobby” Jones is a Greenville warehouse accident lawyer. He represents injured workers. If you have been hurt while employed in a warehouse, you may deserve workers’ compensation.
These benefits should be quite easy to receive on a no-fault basis. However, the insurance companies may try to deny your claim. Bobby Jones represents people like you in the claims process. .
Compensation for Injured Warehouse Workers in Greenville
Being in a warehouse accident can leave you with significant injuries. It can make you unable to work. You may deserve financial help through workers’ compensation. It can be hard to know what to do to receive it. You may need to respond if your benefits are denied.
Call Bobby Jones Law today to talk to a Greenville warehouse accident lawyer. We represent people in Greenville, SC and surrounding areas.
Your Rights if You’re Hurt in a Warehouse Accident
If you’re hurt in a warehouse accident in the course of your employment, you have important rights.
Here is what you should know about your rights following a warehouse accident:
- Any employer with four or more employees in South Carolina must be covered by workers’ compensation insurance, with limited exceptions
- You may receive benefits whether or not the employer is at fault. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, so employer fault is not required
- The case begins with reporting your injury to your employer. It’s best to report in writing to your supervisor as soon as possible
- Replacement income is available at a rate of two-thirds of your income before the accident. Weekly wages are based on the four quarters of your earnings history before the injury. A second job may be included in calculations
- Medical care should be provided free of cost by using a care provider authorized by your employer. To have paid medical care, you must use an authorized provider, but there is a way to request a change if you are unhappy with your doctor
- If you disagree with the medical care or compensation provided, you may request a hearing
- There are time limits to request a hearing
- Lost wage benefits may continue for up to 500 weeks or until you can return to work at your pre-injury wage. Unlimited benefits are possible for paralysis or permanent brain injury
- You may have the lawyer of your choice represent you
You might be reading this thinking that you are familiar with these rights, but you’re frustrated that the insurance company isn’t providing the benefits you deserve! A warehouse accident lawyer can help.
The insurance company denying your case does not have to be the end of the story. They might say that your injuries are not from the accident. They may say that you don’t need surgery or that you’re able to work when you’re not. It can be easy to get discouraged. However, when you work with Bobby Jones Law, you have an experienced lawyer protecting your rights and challenging the insurance company.
A lawyer can help
Bobby Jones is an experienced warehouse lawyer representing Greenville, SC, and the surrounding communities. We resolve cases through hearings and settlement negotiations. Bobby Jones and his team have recovered millions of dollars for his clients. He knows how to evaluate your case, follow the steps to file it, and pursue it through all legal channels. Whatever stage your case is currently in now, he can represent you.
Bobby Jones is proud to take complicated cases, and win. Contact our law offices today to talk to our team and start today.
Understanding Warehouse Accidents
Major causes of warehouse injuries are:
- Equipment and machinery malfunction, especially forklifts
- Lack of personal protective equipment
- Inadequate training
- Failing to follow safety protocol
- Falling objects
- Slip and falls, transient substances on the floors
- Trip hazards, discarded objects left in the path
- Bad lighting, vision obstructions
- Toxic substances
- Repetitive motion and tasks
- Violating capacity limitations with equipment
- Poor stacking
- Working too quickly, not responding to signs of danger
- Pallet collapses
Warehouses can be dangerous places. People work alongside large machines and equipment. Malfunctions, miscommunication, and a lack of resources are just some of the underlying causes of injury. The results can be tragic.
What are common warehouse accident injuries?
Common warehouse accident injuries include:
- Brain injury, concussion
- Fractures, broken bones
- Bruises, cuts and lacerations
- Sprains, strains, ligament and tendon tears
- Loss of limb, amputation
- Internal organ damage
The benefits you are entitled to receive are based on the medical treatment required for you to reach the maximum medical improvement. The extent to which your injuries prevent you from working, and any injuries that remain following medical treatment are factors in your financial compensation. Your earnings before the injury are a factor, too. With so many variables, having a lawyer can help you identify the important issues to maximize your compensation.
Lawyer for Forklift Accidents
Help for forklift accident victims
Many warehouse accidents involve forklifts. The National Security Council reports that 70 deaths occurred in 2021 from forklift accidents. Another 7,290 non-fatal injuries resulted in lost time from work. Forklift injuries may result from the movement of the forklift or from falling objects and materials. These injuries are costly for employees and their employers alike.
Legal representation for victims
We represent victims of workplace forklift accidents. Our professionals understand how the insurance companies attempt to minimize claims involving forklifts. We can assist you with the unique issues that may be present in your claim and work on behalf of your best interests.
Free Consultations – Consultations Available
Don’t just wonder if you’re getting fair compensation. You can talk to a lawyer now about your personal situation. Free consultations are available, and we are taking new cases.
Contact a Greenville warehouse accident lawyer today. Call Bobby Jones Law now.