The Bobby Jones Wrongful Death Scholarship is a $500 award for a current or about-to-be undergraduate student who has had someone close to them pass away from a serious accident.
At Bobby Jones Law, our law firm witnesses how surviving family members are impacted by the sudden, tragic loss of a loved one. Our scholarship is an opportunity to support hard-working students pursuing their education while being leaders in their community.
Your scholarship essay must ultimately answer: “How have you overcome an unexpected death in your family and continued to focus on pursuing higher education?”
Application deadline: August 10th, 2024
Briefly describe how the hardship of a losing a loved one in an accident has affected you. Then, share how you have managed to persevere and highlight your academic achievements, community service, and other roles you’ve taken on. We are looking to see how your current work and future goals are inspired by and memorialize the person who was close to you.
Your scholarship essay should be at least 500 words, but no more than 1,000 words.
Entries must be emailed to email@example.com.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the school on behalf of the student and go towards any educational expenses such as admission, room, board, etc.
The winner will be contacted by email and announced within 30 days after the deadline passes. Your name will be published on our website if you accept the scholarship. Submitting your application is acceptance to these terms.
Bobby Jones Law is committed to keeping the identity of all applicants private and will not share your personal information with other parties.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Be graduated high school seniors or currently enrolled in college.
- Be pursuing any degree in any major.
- Be attending a school recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as able to participate in federal Title IV student financial aid programs.
- Be a residing US citizen and submit proof of citizenship before receiving the scholarship money.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA and submit proof of their GPA.
- Submit a copy of their acceptance letter from their collegiate institution.
- Submit at least one recommendation letter from a teacher or professor.
- Submit at least one recommendation letter from a non-relative, non-peer such as a present or former employer, coach, etc.
- Use “Bobby Jones Scholarship Submission 2024” as the subject of their application email.
- Enter only one application.
Applicants will not be judged based on their gender, religion, race or ethnicity. An unbiased, independent selection committee will determine the winner.
About Bobby Jones Law
The Bobby Jones Wrongful Death Scholarship is offered by Bobby Jones Law of Greenville, South Carolina. Attorney Robert “Bobby” Jones offers his legal services exclusively to the injured and their impacted family members. His practice areas of focus include wrongful death, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse.