Our South Carolina workers’ compensation settlement calculator can help you understand how your benefit amounts are determined. For an individual review of your case, talk to our Greenville workers’ compensation lawyer at Bobby Jones Law.
Before we start
The following information is for your information only. It’s not legal advice. There are a lot of things that can impact a case, and there may be exceptions to the general rules that we used to make these calculators.
Don’t act on any of the information on this website. For an evaluation that’s specific to your case, please contact us. A professional attorney can do a workers’ compensation settlement calculation for you. Our attorney at Bobby Jones Law is proud to represent hard-working, injured individuals in Greenville.
When to Use This Calculator
When an injured worker has reached maximum medical improvement, but they have permanent impairment to a body part, this calculator may assist in determining the appropriate permanent partial disability award.
Workers’ Compensation Rate & Average Weekly Wage
How to Use
1. Input your total wages for the past year
- The 52 weeks immediately preceding the injury
- Enter the total amount, not the weekly amount (for example, if you made $1,000 per week or $52,000 per year, enter $52,000)
- If you only worked for the employer part of the year, enter the weeks you worked and the period you worked
- If you worked multiple jobs, include all your jobs
Tip: There may be situations where this method of calculating wages produces an unfair result. In that case, it may be appropriate to use a comparable rate for the same level of employment in the local community.
To read the law on calculating average weekly wages, see S.C. § 42-1-40.
2. Input your impairment rating
- Your impairment rating is assigned by your workers’ comp doctor. It’s a percentage value of how much impairment that you have to the injured body part
- Impairment ratings range from 0-100
Tip: Doctors rely on medical guidelines to determine impairment ratings. The goal is to make ratings consistent between doctors, but there can still be discrepancies and disputes. You may need to get a lawyer involved.
3. Select your body part
- Choose the injured body part
- South Carolina Code § 42-9-30 creates a workers’ comp settlement chart for South Carolina, assigning specific weeks of compensation depending on the body part injured.
4. Understanding your results
The South Carolina workers’ compensation settlement calculator will perform the following calculation:
W.C. x I.R. x P.D. = Permanent Partial Disability Benefit
- W.C. = weekly compensation – 2/3 average weekly wages, with maximums and minimums
- I.R. = impairment rating
- P.D. = percentage disability
Tip: There are compensation rate maximums and minimums. Our calculator may adjust your average weekly wages accordingly.
Permanent Partial Disability Calculator
Workers’ Comp Settlement Chart for South Carolina
Here is the chart for S.C. workers’ compensation body part values:
South Carolina Body Part Weekly Compensation Chart
|Body Part||Number of Weeks|
|Finger – index||40|
|Finger – second||35|
|Finger – third||25|
|Finger – fourth||20|
|First phalange – thumb or finger||Half of the specified period for that finger|
|Two+ phalanges of finger||Equal to entire finger, up to loss of hand|
|First phalange – any toe||Half of specified period for that toe|
|Two+ phalanges||Equal to loss of entire toe|
|Eye or vision||140|
|Hearing – one ear||80 + proportional benefits for total or partial loss of hearing|
|Hearing – two ears||165 + proportional benefits for total or partial loss of hearing|
|Back – 49% or less||300|
|Back – 50% or more||500, rebuttable presumption of total and permanent disability|
|Other member or organ||500|
|Disfigurement to the face, head, neck, or other area normally exposed in employment||Up to 50 weeks|
Source: S.C. § Code 42-9-30. Schedule of period of disability and compensation.
Calculate Your Workers’ Compensation Settlement with a Lawyer
When you calculate your workers’ compensation settlement with a lawyer, you get an evaluation that is personalized to your circumstances. We invite you to contact Bobby Jones Law to discuss the specifics of your case.